- Overseeing the school's aims, values and Christian ethos;
- Promoting high standards of education;
- Planning the school's long-term future;
- Ensuring proper financial management of the school;
- Appointing staff, including the headteacher, and hold them to account for the performance of the school;
- Promoting health and safety on the school site and the safeguarding of pupils;
- Communicating openly and effectively with parents, the local church and village community, the local authority and the diocese;
- In a voluntary aided school, also acting as the admissions authority, being a responsible employer and raising funds for building works;
- Supporting the school in many different ways.
- Finance and Staffing
- Standards and Curriculum
The Governors of St John the Baptist School believe it is important that boards reflect the diversity of the school communities they serve. Diverse boards promote inclusive school environments and provide diverse role models for staff and young people.
The governors are currently collecting data on the diversity of the board, including data on age, gender and ethnicity. They will use that data to inform their recruitment and training needs and ensure there is always a diverse range of perspectives around the table to support robust decision making.
Due to our relatively small governing body, we do not publish this diversity data online as individual governors could be identified and we have a legal obligation to protect their personal data.